Sunday, March 20, 2011

Meet the stallholders...a quick cuppa with Amy Evans from Blanche and Lola

Amy first exhibited with us at our Christmas 2010 fair, bringing her lovely handmade jewellery with a vintage twist all the way from Winchester in Hampshire.


Gorgeous Amy from Blanche and Lola

Hi Amy, tell us about your business.


It's called Blanche & Lola. I hand-make one-of-a-kind or limited edition pieces of vintage jewellery and hair accessories, created from genuine original vintage treasures. I have been making jewellery as a hobby for about 10 years now, but the idea for Blanche & Lola came about two years ago when I rediscovered a box of my grandma’s old jewellery and realised how beautiful and wearable it would look if it was restored and given a modern twist. I still work full-time for the civil service at the moment but I hope that one day soon Blanche & Lola can be my full-time job - I absolutely love what I do and it makes me so happy to see people wearing something that I created.

Vintage key necklace
We hope your dream comes true.  What inspires you?

I am mainly inspired by all the gorgeous vintage treasures I find, such as decadent vintage brooches, gorgeous charms, pretty old keys and sparkling pre-loved beads and gemstones. I love seeing my finds given a new lease of life in a completely new and beautiful creation. I am also really inspired by nature and anything cute, whimsical and wonderful….there are a lot of birds and bambis in my collections!


A bambi necklace


Describe your last "It's darling!" fair.

I exhibited at the Christmas “It’s Darling” fair and was absolutely delighted when Becky & Cath announced their dates for 2011. It is a truly fabulous event, featuring some super-talented artisans and fabulous vintage sellers, all with a great ethos of originality and individuality. The event is really well organised and is guaranteed to be a great experience for shoppers and stallholders alike.


Look for the Blanche and Lola stall

Thank you Amy! What do you like most about the fair?

Probably being able to meet so many lovely other stallholders, many of whom I have kept in touch with since and I am looking forward to seeing again at the 2011 events. The atmosphere isn’t competitive, just really supportive and inspiring.


Birdcage necklace


Are you doing anything special with your stall?

I am going to be making lots of my limited edition miniature teacup rings. I only ever make 6 of each design and they’ve been my biggest seller so far! Priced at just £5 each they are a steal too! I’ve also been working on a new range of vintage pocket watch necklaces; they are one-of-a-kind and aren’t on my website yet so will be an exclusive!


Limited edition teacup rings only £5 each


Please finish this sentence: What I love most about Spring is...


The longer days and lighter evenings, sunshine, alfresco lunches, rose wine, daffodils and bluebells and of course, that lovely feeling that summer is just around the corner….


Pocket Watch necklace


And what I need to buy most in Spring is...pretty floral dresses and some fabulous vintage sunglasses.


Finally, what's darling in your life?
My other half Jamie and our darling cats, Lily and Lola!


Lily and Lola - too cute!

For more information about Amy and Blanche and Lola, please go to www.blancheandlola.com, email hello@blancheandlola.com and/or join her Facebook page.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Can We Go?