Thursday, July 15, 2010

Meet the stallholders: 60 seconds with...Soleil from Bisous Vintage

Soleil Martin spends most of her Saturdays at Green Park Station market at the moment, helping Mrs Stokes sell her vintage china. Soleil has an eye for the beautiful and the stylish, which is why it's no surprise that she is putting her talents to good use and running her own vintage clothes and accessories stall at "It's darling!" She doesn't have a blog or a website at the moment but she says, "if the fair goes well, who knows?"

Sunny Soleil

1. Hi Soleil, what's behind the name of your stall?

"Bisous" is French for kisses. My father is French and my name means "Sun" in French.

2. How long have you been doing what you do? 

This is the first time I have held my own stall; I usually help run Mrs Stokes Vintage China stall at Green Park Station market.

3. Why did you start? 

My dream is to one day open my own shop selling vintage clothing.

4. What's your inspiration/ethos behind what you do?

I have always loved vintage clothes. I’ve always liked the idea of wearing clothes that have a story.

"Bisous" is French for kisses

7. Why did you want to be part of "It's Darling!" 

I’m very excited to be part of ‘It’s darling!’ because I think it’s about time Bath held a vintage and handmade fair.

8. What's your piece of "three second wisdom"?

"People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live, because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly" – Andy Warhol

9. What in your life would you say is "It's Darling!" and can we have a picture of that? 

I recently bought a blue polka dot 50’s style dress, I definitely think it’s darling!

Soleil thinks this gorgeous dress is darling - so do we

If you want to contact Soleil, come and find her at Mrs Stokes Vintage China on Saturdays at Green Park Station Market - or at "It's darling!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Can We Go?