Thursday, March 10, 2011

Meet the stallholders...a quick cuppa with Liz Fennings from Elsie Belle Jewellery

Liz Fennings from Bristol is the owner of Elsie Belle Jewellery and is trading with us for the first time this Spring. Let's find out all about her...


Liz (on the right)


Like the name of your business, Liz.

Elsie Belle Jewellery is named after my paternal grandmother! I concentrate on vintage and vintage-inspired designs featuring charms, trinkets and treasures galore! Established in 2004, it all started as a hobby but after launching the web store I received a few wholesale enquiries and it just snowballed from there to quickly became my full time job. We now have a small team working in our Bristol studio and stockists all over the world.


One of Elsie Belle's gorgeous designs

Where do you get your ideas/inspiration from? 

My inspiration comes from everywhere including fashion and vintage trends, books, music and films.  I especially love animals and nature and so flora and fauna are always reoccurring themes at Elsie Belle’s.


Flora and fauna are a recurring theme in her work

Why did you want to be part of “It’s darling!”? 

I met one of the organisers, Rebecca (Purple Sparkle Crafts) at the Vintage Fair in Bristol and we got chatting – I had heard of the "It’s Darling!" Bath Fair before and I was delighted to be able to get involved.




Are you doing anything special with your stall? 

We will be discounting all the jewellery - this will include a large number of pieces from the current collection and lots of extra special one off items!


Elsie Belle earrings

Please finish this sentence: What I love most about Spring is...

Daffodils, lambs, longer days and the promise of summer just around the corner!


Cream Rose Garden necklace


Please finish this sentence too: What I need to buy most in Spring is...

Vintage deck chairs and pretty plants for the garden!  I love getting it all ready for the summer and I am planning a Royal Wedding Garden Party so I need to get it looking spic-and-span.




What’s darling in your life? 

My little kitten Ethel!  She is just the cutest!


Melts our hearts!

For more info go to www.elsiebelle.com or email care@elsiebelle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Can We Go?