Saturday, November 5, 2011

Meet the stallholders...Christmas Shopping with Purple Thread Designs

Cross-stitch isn't just for grandmas any more. Oh no. Just ask Amy Tilston from Purple Thread Designs whose cross-stitch kits include a VW van! She'll be at It's darling! on Saturday 19th November at the Guildhall. Let's meet her.


Amy


What is your business/stall name and where are you based?
My company is Purple Thread Designs and I am based in Bristol

Have you ever sold at "It’s darling!" before? 
I’m a ‘It’s Darling’ Newbie! I’ve heard wonderful things about the markets though so I’m really excited to be a stallholder this time.




Tell us about what you sell and why/where do you get your inspiration?
I design original cross-stitch pieces and then sell the kits for others to make. My inspiration has come from my own home and loves to be honest- especially the ‘I need tea’ piece! As I also take commissions for personalised pieces the inspiration often comes from the customer 




What is your most affordable/value for money item and what is your most impressive/favourite/wow one?
I think the card kits (£4.50) are a great introduction to cross-stitch as they are small but still produce a great piece to give away or frame. My favourite ‘wow’ item has to be my big LOVE piece as I get such lovely comments on how colourful it is.




What are your top three tips for Christmas shopping/present giving (anything from stress-busters to homemade presents)?
1.     Try and make it fun by agreeing on a theme for presents.
2.     If you are hand-making something, take ideas from things your recipient already    has/loves.
3.     Always remember to take in a cake/tea/cider stop whenever shopping to refresh!




What is most darling about the South West in Winter?
Snow across the Downs 




For more information about Amy and her work email amy@purplethreaddesigns.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Can We Go?