Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet the stallholders...Christmas Shopping with Betty Belle's Keepsakes

Ahh here's another lovely lady who has visited our event before and loved it so much she decided to have her own stall. Meet Lisa Eaton aka Betty Belle's Keepsakes who will be there on Saturday 19th only.


Hi Lisa, why are you joining us this time? 

I visited ‘It’s darling’ fair in June and immediately fell in love with the stall holders and the event. I bought some gorgeous handmade gifts and would have kept buying if my budget had allowed!



Tell us about what you sell and why/where do you get your inspiration? 

I will selling a selection of gorgeous Driftwood, sea pottery, sea glass jewellery and ornaments, fabric lined tote bags, vintage inspired jewellery, antique message in the bottle, children’s PVC aprons, vintage tea cup pin cushions and candles and little wooden angels.
I get my inspiration from my late Gramma Betty Belle. She was an amazing self taught seamstress and crafter who made the most beautiful things for her family and friends.



What is your most affordable item and what is your favourite? 

The most affordable value item would probably be one of my wooden Angels. I do them for the love of it, rather than how much time it takes me, so luckily for the buyer they can be bought at cost price. Other than the angels, I have two favourite products that always seem to fly off my shelves – the driftwood/sea pottery hearts and the sterling silver sea pottery/sea glass pearl jewellery. I think the reason for their popularity is that there is no better ‘wow’ than what nature produces!



What are your top three tips for Christmas shopping/present giving? 

If you can’t or haven’t time to make a gift yourself then buy it from someone who has. I think people love receiving a gift that they know took time and care to make. I think if we choose mainstream shopping then we should try as much as we can to ensure that what we buy is fairly traded.

What is most darling about the South West in Winter? 

The rolling hills to go sledging on when it snows!

Contact details : Lisa Eaton 01225 443023 email: lisaeaton@talktalk.net





No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Can We Go?