Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meet the stallholders....a quick cuppa with Rebecca Collett from Rose Cottage Boxes


Becky from Bath runs Rose Cottage Boxes and has been trading with us since the first fair.

Rose Cottage Boxes

 Hi Becky, tell everyone about what you do

I make sustainable wooden 'useful' boxes covered in stunningly beautiful patterned tissue papers, skillfully applied by hand using a 17th century french decoupage tecnique. Each box is painted with complimentary colours inside and covered in a deep, glossy varnish.  There are 6 different sizes to house things such as sewing kits, crafts, jewellery, make up, stationary, medical kits etc. They are also wonderful for keepsakes, memories, letters and photos for weddings, births and birthdays!

Useful as a sewing box

When and why did you start doing this?

I am a mother of two young boys. They inspired me in so many ways. Teaching them creativity spurred me to keep following my own dreams.

Rose Cottage Chair

Where do you get your ideas/inspiration from?

My ideas and inspiration are quite intuitive, following a gut feeling as well as being realistic and practical with what I sell. I enjoy mixing it up and taking parts from all our past eras. I love anything unique and different.

Take your pick

 Are you doing anything special with your stall?

I will have some lovely new spring/summer designs and some older stock will be in a worthwhile sale.

Covered drawers

 Please finish this sentence: What I love most about Spring is…the sunshine of course because it makes everyone happier!!

What I need to buy most in Spring is...some Pledge and a duster to start the cleaning...

What’s darling! in your life?

My wonderful sons, Solomon and Atticus and my house rabbits, Luigi and Loopy Lou

Butterflies make anyone happy

Or call  07885564969

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Can We Go?