Sunday, June 6, 2010

Meet the stallholders: 60 seconds with.....Avril from Sprinkles Sparkles

Avril White is otherwise known as “Sprinks” and lives in Bath. She makes a variety of handmade jewellery and accessories under the name of “Sprinkles Sparkles” that she says, “won’t burden your purse!” She confesses she doesn’t do photos of herself so her identity will have to remain a secret until the 17th July...

One of Avril "Sprinkles Sparkles" White's fabulous bracelets

1. Hello Avril, how long have you been doing what you do?
I started dabbling with beads in 2006 and Sprinkles Sparkles was born in 2007, I started trading in 2008 to the public at craft fairs, and trade shows.


Avril's stall

2. Why did you start?
I became so ill a few years ago that I had to take time off work, so to pass the time I started making key rings, and handing them out to friends and relatives. That’s when my obsession with beads started. I would pop into my local bead shop and just buy everything I loved. That’s where it started becoming out of control!

3. What's your inspiration?
Window-shopping, books, and magazines, the Internet, friends… anywhere where there is jewellery and bright colours!

Avril loves bright colours

4. Why did you want to be part of "It's Darling!"?
It is rare to find such an exciting fair of vintage and handmade crafts that is aimed at crafters, not at boutiques and high street shops in Bath, so when I saw the opportunity to be able to exhibit my craft in the city, I jumped at the chance.

"Guilty pleasures? Buying too many clothes, shoes and bags..."
Avril, we sympathise 

5. Tell us a bit more about you.
I love to cross stitch, and have just started to teaching myself how to crochet, and learning how to make things with my new sewing machine. Guilty pleasures? It has to be buying too many clothes, shoes, and bags, that I don’t really need, oh, and eating too much chocolate!

6. Will you be offering any special offers at “It's Darling!”?
Yes, I will have a 10% off voucher available on Sprinkles Sparkles Online soon (www.sprinklessparkles.co.uk). Customers just need to print off and bring it to me at the fair.

Look for Avril's stall at the fair and bring along her discount voucher for 10% off

7. What's your piece of "three second wisdom" - life or crafting advice!
Don’t punish yourself. Eat chocolate… Enjoy it!

8. What three things would you want to be stranded on a desert island with?
I really dislike the hot weather and the sun, so I would have to take a hand fan, a sombrero, and a net to keep the insects away!

"Don’t punish yourself. Eat chocolate… Enjoy it!"
A little bit of life advice from Avril

9. What in your life would you say is "It's Darling!"?
My MacBook! Without it, I couldn’t run my business, or communicate with my friends online. Here’s a picture.

The most darling thing in Avril's life


Find out more about Avril and her work in the following ways:
Website: http://www.sprinklessparkles.co.uk
Blog: http://sprinklessparkles.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sprinklessparklesjewellery
And of course come and meet her at "It's Darling!" at The Guildhall in Bath on July 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Can We Go?