1. Hi Nicky how long have you been doing what you do?
I have been an illustrator for 20 years and created “Nicky Snow – New Vintage stationary and gifts” two years ago.
2. What was the thinking behind your business?
I wanted to take my art onto an affordable playing field and the work really suited placement onto products
3. What's the inspiration behind what you do?
I love the nostalgia of all things vintage but love to combine different bits of ephemera and put them on the same page, breathing new life into the old. Hence the name 'New Vintage'
4. Why did you want to be part of "It's darling!"?
Because it seems a lovely celebration of vintage, all in the beautiful Bath setting.
Nicky's stall at Bath's Christmas Market 2009
5. Any personal details you care to share? Partner, kids, hobbies, guilty pleasures?
I have a fantastic son called Jack, gardening is my sanctuary and guilty pleasure....'SMASH'! (potato in a packet!!!)
6. What's your piece of "three second wisdom" - life or crafting advice.
Success in the arts = a 1/3 talent, a 1/3 good luck and a 1/3 staying power!
7. What three things would you want to be stranded on a desert island with?
My son, Stevie Wonder CDs and my bed!
For more info about Nicky and her work visit www.nickysnow.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org. And of course come and see her at "It's darling!" You can also see her decorated lion, part of Bath's "Pride in our City" campaign of 100 differently designed lion statues, in The Whole Bagel, Upper Borough Walls in Bath - very near the Guildhall.